A-Z April Challenge- Theme Reveal Post

Welcome to my A-Z Theme Reveal Post. This is going to be my first A-Z Challenge. I am not new to blogging, however, I had never taken part in A-Z challenge before. Therefore, it goes without saying that I am excited beyond words.

square1

The Theme for my A-Z Challenge is PEOPLE.Β  These are ordinary people whom I met throughout the four decades of my life. Some of them are family members, some of them are friends, some neighbors and few of them are random strangers. However, the common factor that binds these people are that most of them are marginalized, lonely and peripheral to the mainstream society. Some of them are marginalized due to their financial condition; some are marginalized because of some social stigma while others are just lonely with nobody to care for them.

When I had started my blog Trina Looks Back, my main intention was to look back at my life and talk about my experiences, tell stories from my life, write about people whom I had met and write memoirs. Precisely that is why I named this blog as Trina Looks Back, where I look back at my life. I wanted to weave stories ‘of’ and ‘from’ my life and rekindle old memories and also make new memories.

However, I deviated and started writing about other things also. Somehow memoirs took some kind of a back seat. But A-Z April Challenge gives me the opportunity to write memoirs. I would be writing memoirs that would start with the name of a person related to the alphabet of the day.

I would try to keep the post short and crisp. Some of the stories will make you sad and others would make you laugh. These are real stories from our day to day lives that often lie ignored. Nobody considers them worth telling.

I am trying to schedule the posts well in advance as I would be traveling in the second week of April. As this is my first time I am slightly nervous, however, I am confident that my fellow bloggers would provide me enough support and encouragement to tide through this. See you all in April.

59 thoughts on “A-Z April Challenge- Theme Reveal Post

Every person is book in itself! It would a great time reading and knowing the stories from 26 such books here Balaka. Wishing you all the very best for the challenge.

2. Lacey Dearie says:

This seems like a really interesting theme you’ve chosen. I’m looking forward to reading your posts πŸ™‚ I found this theme reveal post to be very thoughtful and if this is a taste of things to come, I’m going to really enjoy your writing. What I love about this challenge is that we get to discover new bloggers and writers! xx

3. Aesha says:

This is going to be very interesting. There are stories around us . We need to be observant. Also as you mentioned these are stories of people who have been marginalised which it makes more important to be told. I am excited to read now. Looking forward Balaka

4. Shilpa Garg says:

Aha! This will be an interesting space to watch this April. Looking forward to read your memories and stories from your life, Balaka. Good luck with your first AtoZ Challenge, you will love it!! πŸ™‚

5. jazzfeathers says:

Welcome to the challenge! This is my foruth year and I’m sure you’ll enjoy it a lot.
    Your theme sounds awesome. And yeah… scheduling posts is the way to go, though I’m failing at it. Work has been crazy lately and stealing lots of my time. But hey! This won’t stop me, the same way travelling is not stopping you! πŸ˜‰

6. Maniparna Sengupta Majumder says:

Congratulations ❀ …it takes enough determination to accept #AtoZ challenge. I never could gather up enough of it in all the four years 😦

Protidin kichhutei likhe uthte paarbona… eTai mone hoy…

The theme sounds unique. Looking forward to your posts.

7. shopgirlanonymous says:

I love your theme, maybe because I almost did your theme this year. But then I decided I knew way too many who started with the letter J and probably in my whole life only met two people with Q…so excited to see how your blog goes this month! Welcome to the A to Z!

This sounds interesting as well as intriguing. There is really so much we can write about people we meet in life! I hope you have a fabulous 26 days looking back at the lives that touched you, Balaka!
    Wishing you the very best!