I love to write but often life and its numerous chores take over and writing takes a backstage. It happens with all of us. A part of us wants to write but we can’t.
Life has been hectic last couple of months and blogging took the burnt of it. However, I would not blame my hectic schedule but would take responsibility and confess that perhaps not having a dedicated routine for blogging is making it difficult for me to post.
A year back, I used to publish frequently, almost thrice a week. I could do that because I had a routine and a dedicated time for blogging. However, I became complacent and stopped having any time slot for blogging and my readers can see the result.
I do think of writing daily but after opening the laptop, I often find myself watching meme videos on Facebook or checking Instagram stories or worse getting hooked to Netflix. At times I also end up replying to work emails and in the mayhem completely forget the topic I was planning to write for my blog. However, I want to salvage and here I am subscribing to the following habits. If you are a blogger who lacks consistency in blogging frequency then you can also follow the tips.
Tips to Blog Consistently
- Dedicated Time: Have a dedicated time. Put an alarm on your mobile so that you never miss it. Once the alarm rings, stop doing whatever else you were doing and sit down to write.
- One hour: Write at least for an hour every day.
- Avoid Distractions: When you sit down to write try to avoid replying to calls, messages, emails, and comments. If possible log out from social media and write for an hour undisturbed.
- List of Topics: Make a list of topics for the entire week. Try to adhere to the topics.
- Write Minimum 300 words: Start writing on the decided topic and don’t stop unless you complete a minimum 300 words. Even if they sound gibberish and full of mistakes even then write 300 words non-stop.
- Edit: After finishing 300 words or more as long as you feel the flow, edit and proof-read what you have written.
- Improvise: There is always scope for improvement and try to make your content as enriching as possible.
- Post: Publish the post
I wrote this post in 45 minutes, I didn’t stop writing until I completed 300 words and this post contains 418 words.