Extroverts vs Introverts

Extroverts, as we all know are sociable and outgoing people who love to go out, party, meet other people and have fun. Introverts, on the other hand, are shy, reticent people who prefer to stay home and they are never the life of a party. The lockdown is proving hard for the extroverts while the introverts are feeling they are living their usual life.

My husband is an extrovert who hardly likes to stay home. He comes home only for his food and sleep, remaining time he is out. Even on weekends, it is hard to find him sitting inside the house. He keeps finding ways to be out of the home. He is a fitness freak and spends most of his free time walking, jogging, running, exercising.

I am an introvert and I love to stay home. My home is my heaven, I am deeply attached to the four walls of my home. I spend my day, cleaning, de-cluttering, organizing and decorating my home. That gives me immense pleasure. I love to take life slowly and enjoy sipping my tea slowly, sitting next to my window, reading a book, while slow instrumental plays on my earpod. My husband feels, this is my laziness but I feel this is my ‘pranayam‘. I work from home, with exceptions of attending meetings and conferences. I do have to travel out of the city for work, but that part I enjoy because, in spite of being a loner, I enjoy traveling.

When the lockdown started, honestly I didn’t see any changes in my life, other than maids were not coming and I had a ‘full house’. On the other hand, the husband’s world came falling apart. He literally felt like a caged lion. Staying home 24/7 was no less than a prison term for him. My college friend M is another extrovert, she is calling me every day and whining. She is feeling exhausted staying home. My other friend S has almost gone into a depression staying home.

On the other hand, my introvert friend A is extremely happy. He is happy that he doesn’t have to go out of the house, he no longer needs to meet irritating colleagues at the office or snoopy neighbors in his complex. Mention worthy A was in a home quarantine after his US trip and the day his quarantine ended. the national lockdown started. An extrovert would have killed himself for this, whereas A was extremely happy that he can stay home longer. Another blogger friend S is living with her dog all alone, and she said she is extremely happy. She feels this is the best phase of her life.

Are you an introvert or extrovert. Let me know how you are dealing? I would love to read your thoughts.

18 thoughts on “Extroverts vs Introverts

You know who I am. All the 3 members of my family are introverts. I have no problems from living in self-isolation as I have been doing the same for more than a year now. I can live without contact with people. What I am having troubles with is homeschooling the kid plus all the housework.

2. Navita Bhatia says:

Exactly, what I have been thinking through all these days. Though I am kind of ambivert, more inclined towards introversion. I normally enjoy my own company, so staying at home is not a problem. Yeah, extra workload sometimes bothers me. But again, spending time with family is a mood booster.

Being an extrovert who can talk to self or the walls, the lockdown is not troubling me at all. And as rightly said by you for introverts like my better half, its life as usual.
    I had a good time reading this post as it made me aware of another angle of lockdown

• samira0894 says:

Though i am not an introvert but I can relate with you fully as I am also very happy during this lockdown. Maids are missed but then there is no pressure of anyone coming over so I do things at my pace. Besides, A2Z and cooking keeps me busy so in a way i am contended.

4. Dashy says:

Introvert. And yes, I feel the same. This is how I’d mostly spend a vacation if I got one. I don’t find myself bored at home. On the other hand, there are my friends who keep wanting to play games online or have conference calls every single day out of boredom.

I feel sorry for your husband. Poor guy! Hopefully, he isn’t driving himself and you made because of lockdown restrictions! But it must feel like he’s caged. As for me, I think I’m an extroverted introvert, if that even makes sense! I work a 6 day week so Sundays usually means going out and meeting my friends who stay in the same city, but far from me. Rarely do I spend Sundays at home. In fact, this lockdown has been the only time when I was at home for such an extended period. But being an extroverted introvert, I can manage the both sides with ease. ๐Ÿ˜€

6. arv! says:

Introverts in our society are not well appreciated. People like extroverts. The fact is introverts are wired differently. They are better and balanced decision makers than extroverts as per studies. They like to do things differently and are certainly not a people pleaser.

I think I’m an extrovert but I don’t mind being alone too. I have been a sahm for a long time now. So being home is now my mojo!

I’m sorry for your husband. I hope he is not driving you up the wall!

8. Anita says:

Very relevant, Balaka.
    Extroverts are having a tough time now.
    But, if one can’t go out, they need to “go in”.
    Time for introspection!
    I can stay in any place without complaints as long as I have the basic requirements ๐Ÿ™‚

9. Anjalie Sharma says:

Hi, lovely blog..I am a classic introvert, with all defined symptoms ๐Ÿ™‚ But at the same time I feel very depressed when alone in side the house. So I need to be out of the house but without company. Peculiar, isn’t it? ๐Ÿ™‚