Netflix has over 3,500 movies in India. It can get confusing to dig out good movies from the list. We often end up watching the movies from Netflix latest trends and miss out movies that may not feature in the ‘trending‘ section but are nevertheless great movies.
Recently, when I posted about few good movies on my Facebook page, many of my friends and followers requested that it would be great if I curate a list of movies for them.
Here are the list of 5 movies that have unique story line and are undoubtedly ‘out of the box‘ movies.Tweet
- The Boy who Harnessed the wind : This is based on a true story based on the life of William Kamkwamba, a thirteen year old Malawi boy who goes against all odds to build his family an electricity-generating windmill from spare parts, working from rough plans he found in a library book. He built this primarily to provide water to his drought stricken village. If you have ever read novels by Chinua Achebe or any other African writer you would relate to it. William’s work was recognised by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. Kamkwamba also delivered a TEDTalk. I would advice that you show this movie to your kids.
2. Lion: This Dev Patel and Nicole Kidman starer movie is about a small boy called Saroo who gets lost in a train in India. He is later adopted by an Australian family from an Indian orphanage. The movie revolves around adult Saroo’s quest to find his biological family in India using Google Earth as his main tool.
3. Roma: A story that chronicles a tumultuous year in the life of a middle-class family in Mexico City in the early 1970s. The movie primarily follows the life Cleo, a live-in housekeeper who help Antonio and Sofía take care of their four children. Complications arise when Antonio suddenly runs away with his mistress and Cleo finds out that she’s pregnant.
4. Begin Again: This one is my personal favourite. I am a huge fan of Mark Ruffalo and this is one of his best movies. Gretta (Keira Knightley) and her songwriting partner/lover Dave (Adam Levine) head for New York when he lands a record deal with a major label. However, Gretta is suddenly left on her own when Dave gives in to the temptations that come with his newfound success. Things take a turn for the better for her when Dan (Mark Ruffalo), a disgraced record executive, discovers Gretta performing in a club. A mutually life-changing bond forms between the pair as they work together on Gretta’s first album that they shoot live on streets.
5. Julie and Julia: A culinary legend provides a frustrated office worker with a new recipe for life in this movie, the true stories of how Julia Child’s (Meryl Streep) life and cookbook inspired fledgling writer Julie Powell (Amy Adams) to whip up 524 recipes in 365 days and blog about it every single day . Stanley Tucci (The Devil Wears Prada) co-stars in director Nora Ephron’s delicious comedy about joy, obsession and butter. Bon appétit!
This movie is a ‘must watch’ for all food bloggers.
Hope you enjoy these movies. Do let me know, how you liked them. I would be posting more movie recommendations soon. Stay Tuned!!! Till then, Happy Watching Netflix!!!!