Gratitude List for January 2021

If the only prayer you said was thank you, that would be enough.”

― Meister Eckhart

The whole world was waiting impatiently for 2021. They were behaving as if the moment the clock would strike 12 am, all the problems would be gone. It was in a way funny to see how people were considering 2021 would be the end of all problems. To be honest, I was also looking forward to 2021 but for completely different reasons. 2021 started on a good note for me and here are few of the amazing things that happened in January.

Photo by Olya Kobruseva on Pexels.com

Good food and Friends: My regular readers are aware that I am not a party person but January was a month when I partied a lot. On 31st, we were invited by one of our dear friends for dinner and drinks. We ushered in the new year at their house with amazing food. They have a warm and cozy home and I love to visit them.

On the evening of first January, few of my girlfriends came over for snacks and tea and we laughed and had so much fun. It was a potluck and we relished some amazing food.

This was also the month of birthdays and it was amazing to celebrate three birthdays of three of my favorite people. Birthdays were full of fun, laughter, cakes and booze.

On the first day of the year, one of my school friends with whom I had not spoken ever since we left school called ups . She now lives in Mumbai and it was so amazing to connect with her once again.

We went to meet our old friends from Dubai. They are now living in India due to Covid. It was such a happy moment for all of us to get nostalgic and talk about old days.

Photo by cottonbro on Pexels.com

Sports medal: Unlike me the son is extremely kinesthetic. He loves sports and this month he won three medals in three different sports. His team won basketball and football tournament. He won the runner’s up for solo table tennis and winner’s trophy for doubles TT tournament. I have to say that I feel extremely proud of him.

Photo by Anna Shvets on Pexels.com

Wedding: I was able to attend a wedding this month. I have not attended a wedding in the longest time and it really felt good. Met quite a few friends at the wedding and the entire evening went laughing and giggling like school girls.

De-cluttering: I love to declutter and organise. This month, I was able to declutter so many unwanted items from my house. I donated most of them, some of them I repurposed while had to throw away a few of the items. I believe in minimalistic and zero waste living, I was happy that my de-cluttering was in compliance with both the principles. My house looks neat and tidy and spacious now. Often I wonder if I should start a de-cluttering and organizing service for others. Maybe one day I would start. Decluttering and recycling would be the main mantra of that service.

Photo by Andrea Piacquadio on Pexels.com

Yoga: I have got addicted to a YouTube channel called ‘Yoga with Adrienne’. The yogi Adrienne is such a sweet person that I love to come to the mat every single day only for her. I have healed my frozen shoulder by doing yoga from this channel. I am also trying to get my friends addicted to this channel.

Photo by Burst on Pexels.com

Water App: As my readers are aware, the WOTY for 2021 is ‘healthy‘ I am trying to inculcate some healthy habits. One of those habits being drinking more water. I recently downloaded an app that reminds me to drink water at regular intervals. The app has helped me a lot. I no longer stay dehydrated.

16 thoughts on “Gratitude List for January 2021

1. Vinitha says:

What a fun January you had, Balaka! Yoga with Adriene is my go-to yoga channel since 2018 I think. There is a lot of yoga videos from her. I also like watching Fit Tak channel for yoga.
    I have to declutter my house. Since the pandemic began it became cluttered with people. Obviously, I can’t declutter them since I love them too. Along with them, the messes increased as well. Now I am doing a weekly decluttering and organizing, but the truth is it’s getting nowhere. Got to get rid of the people first I guess. 🙂
    Congratulations to your son on all the wins. 👌
    Wish you a lovely February! 💗

Thank you Vi, I indeed had a good month. Good to find another YWA f an. I also follow fit tak, I also follow Ventuno Yoga they are also good. But there is something about the voice of Adrienne that makes me love her. There is a soothing effect.
      I understand when you talk about the decluttering. We are on the same boat. Thankfully, the husband started going to office and son is also busy with his sports activities so I am getting some time for myself and the house. Do follow a schedule to declutter. I would be happy to help. I follow the 2 minute rule and some other decluttering methods that I picked up from Pinterest and that helps me a lot.
      Thanks to you on behalf of my son. Love and hugs

2. Jyothi says:

I need to get started with Yoga soon. I don’t know why I shy away from it! Looks like you had a good January. Come to think of it, so did I. It was a good month personally too. Congrats to your son.

Jyothi, try doing with Adrienne. I am sure you would also get addicted. Earlier I was never comfortable doing yoga, especially in classes, however, now I look forward to my time on the mat. Do try her and let me know. Wish you a happy February.

3. Modern Gypsy says:

Sounds like such a wonderful start to the year Balaka! Congratulations to your son for his sporting achievements! I’ve heard a lot about Yoga with Adriene – I think its high time I check out some of her videos and restart yoga, now that my shoulder injury has healed.

You had a busy January with all the parties and meeting people. I have always sensed that you are extremely comfortable being around people and that’s a good thing. Kudos to S for garnering the laurels in sports. And, a big congratulations to you on starting yoga and monitoring water intake, and sticking to them. Yoga with Adriene is quite a go-to channel for yoga. I refer to it every now and then. Yoga has been helpful for me in keeping my knee pain at bay.
    Have a fabulous February 🙂

Well, I am comfortable only with a small group of people. If I like a person I get comfortable or else I am quite grumpy. I have a small circle of friends but I like them. I think I prefer quality in friendship rather than quantity.
      Thank you on behalf of S.
      January was good..but February is already exhausting me…will tell you over WhatsApp.

• the bespectacled mother says:

Quality in friendship is my idea too. Numbers have never been my thing, neither in maths nor in life. One reason why I loved algebra because it was all a,b,c,x,y,z 😀
        Tell me Feb ke 5 din main zindagi ne kaise hairan pareshaan kar diya.

5. Esha says:

That seems like a fabulous start to the New Year, Tina! Hope it continues that way, through the year for you. A Big hug and Congratulations to Srot on all his achievements!! It’s wonderful that he’s playing so much. Here in Bangalore, most of the schools, as well as, most of the sports facilities, are still shut due to the pandemic. Only since last week, our apartments kids have started playing outdoors and I see it as a good sign. Things are lifting up. Hopefully, you will continue to have a wonderful time in the coming months too.
    Best wishes, Tina

6. Corinne Rodrigues says:

You seem to have had a very happy start to the year after the sadness of last year, Balaka. I’m glad you’re taking your health seriously too. Thanks for the heads up on the Yoga channel. Am going to give it a shot. Take care and stay safe!